Our wonderful High Holiday services depend on the participation of KC members and friends.
Consider taking on a new role this year: if you’ve led a prayer, perhaps lead a service with a KC friend.
Enjoyed the delicious food after services? Help plan the repast.
Enjoyed hearing about the lives of members’ loved ones, Share your memories at Yizkor.
Everyone is welcome. Service fees are low, and are waived or reduced for anyone unable to pay.
Contact Sue Garten at email@example.com or Marcie Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The Ed/Cult Committee fosters a fellowship of learning around themes central to our members that creatively integrates elements from many Kehilat committees. We seek to deepen and broaden our understanding of Jewish life through shared study, exploration, and experiences, which can include lectures, discussion, study, and book groups and trips to theaters and museums. Committee members develop ideas and organize events. For more information contact Sue Garten at email@example.com or Hila Yanai at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kehilat Chaverim's Community committees provide support and outreach to membership, including non-religious activities.
Membership Support: Maggie Cohen, email@example.com
- Integrates new members.
- Maintains information on referrals and resources for life- cycle events and other special needs of members.
- Responds to personal and family life-cycle events.
- Organizes social events for Kehilat Chaverim such as games night, Jewish cooking or nature outings. Coordinates annual membership meeting.
Community Action: Co-Chairs: Clarissa Basch, Linda Busch
- Organizes community outreach efforts including social action activities.
- Coordinates volunteer opportunities such as serving at a soup kitchen or
- participating in charitable causes.
Social Activities: Co-Chairs: Ellen Coffey and Harriet Winograd
- Coordinate parties and special events
Some highlights of recent activities include:
- Trip to the Yiddish Book Center in Amherst, MA
- Salons on varied topics including Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- Chanukah party at a member's home
Future Activities include
- Painting pottery at Claypen for use during Passover
- A hike up Talcott Mountain